Thursday 1 November 2012

Shawarma, Assemble!


Despite the title of this post I did not in fact assemble any Shawarma. Instead I went out and bought a dozen of them for my friends and I to have on our movie night. I didn't get any pictures of the Shawarma, but that's ok because I have something far more awesome up my sleeve:


Yes, you are actually seeing what you think you're seeing and, yes, you can get your very own shirt just like it. There's only one place I've come across that sells this shirt so far. It's a little pricey but it was worth every penny!

The Avengers are a group of awesome super heroes who eventually assemble into something even more awesome and who go on to save the world. Shawarma is a group of awesome ingredients that eventually assemble into something fiercely delicious and has probably saved the world? My point is that Avengers + Shawarma = one freaking sweet marriage of epicness!

Of course the whole idea behind this stemmed from the movie itself, where Iron Man (aka. Tony Stark, aka. Robert Downey Junior) tells his fellow Avengers after the action-packed final battle that he is seriously craving some shawarma. He doesn't know what it is, he admits, however he's always wanted to try it. This leads to the hillarious scene after the credits of all the Avengers gathered around and enjoying a meal of shawarma together.


I know what you're all thinking: How cool would it be if I had my OWN Avengers/Shawarma party. Well you've come to the right spot. I'll show you EXACTLY what said party looks like:


The moral of the story: You need a Shawarma/Avengers shirt. Also people. Plus there's a movie.

Anywho, I think we can all agree that my shirt looks pretty sweet. Speaking of sweet, I had a few friends over the next night, and one of them brought a few props. Why couldn't I have had these on Shawarma night?

 

So that's essentially how Shawarma Avengers Night, and the ensuing after party, went down.


1 comment: